Zulum Visits Uba Over Abducted Pupils, Assures Families Of Rescue Efforts

2

…Condoles Chibok Communities Over Deadly Attacks

By Abdullahi Alhassan, Kaduna
Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, on Tuesday paid a sympathy visit to Uba town following the abduction of schoolchildren in Mussa community, assuring residents that intensified efforts were underway to secure the safe return of the victims.

Governor Zulum, known for personally visiting communities affected by insecurity to assess situations and comfort victims, met with parents of the abducted children at the palace of the Emir of Uba.

Addressing the gathering, the governor expressed deep sympathy to the Emir, the affected families and residents of the Uba Emirate over the incident.

“I wish to convey my heartfelt sympathy to the Emir of Uba, parents of the abducted children and the entire people of the emirate over this unfortunate incident,” Zulum stated.

He assured the community that the Federal Government, under the leadership of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, alongside the Nigerian Armed Forces and the Borno State Government, remained fully committed to rescuing the children.

“Let me assure you that the Federal Government, the Nigerian Armed Forces and the Borno State Government will do everything within their powers to ensure the safe return of the children,” he said.

The governor commended security agencies for taking swift steps to prevent a further breakdown of security in the area, revealing that senior military and police officers had already been deployed to strengthen operations and facilitate the rescue mission.

According to him, the Brigade Commander, Commanding Officer, Divisional Police Officer and other heads of security formations had been mobilised to the affected communities.

Zulum further pledged to reinforce security architecture in Askira, Uba and surrounding communities to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

“We have continued to make concerted efforts to stabilise Askira, Uba and neighbouring communities by reinforcing security presence in these areas,” he added.

The governor appealed to the abductors to release the children, stressing that they were innocent minors deserving of parental care and protection.

He also urged residents across the Uba Emirate and Borno State to intensify prayers, particularly during the first 10 days of the Islamic month of Dhul Hijjah.

Speaking during the visit, the Emir of Uba, Alhaji Ali Ibn Isma’ila Mamza II, disclosed that the abduction occurred on Friday, 15 May, when 48 persons were taken from Mussa community, including 37 primary school pupils, six secondary school students and five other residents.

The monarch commended Governor Zulum for his continued commitment to tackling insecurity and supporting communities across the state.

Also speaking, a representative of the Mussa community, Dr. Chinapi Amanja, appreciated the governor’s visit and acknowledged the deployment of senior military officers and security personnel to the area.

Meanwhile, Governor Zulum also visited Chibok town to sympathise with communities affected by recent attacks in parts of Chibok Local Government Area.

Addressing district heads, village heads, council members and other stakeholders, the governor said he was deeply saddened by the attacks, which claimed several lives and left many others injured.

“I purposely came to Chibok to sympathise with you over the recent attacks in some parts of the local government which claimed many lives and left others injured,” Zulum said.

“I want to assure you that the Federal Government, Nigerian Armed Forces and the Borno State Government will do everything possible to avert the recurrence of such incidents,” he added.

The governor urged residents to remain calm and law-abiding, assuring them that government was intensifying efforts to restore normalcy through the deployment of additional troops.

He also prayed for the repose of the souls of those who lost their lives and asked God to grant their families the strength to bear the loss.

Speaking on behalf of the affected communities, the District Head of Garu, Engr. Zannah Madu, appreciated the governor for the visit and for the continued interventions aimed at addressing insecurity in the area.

Governor Zulum was accompanied on the visits by Hon. Ahmed Jaha, member representing Chibok/Damboa/Gwoza Federal Constituency; Acting Chief of Staff to the Governor, Dr. Babagana Mustapha Malumbe; Commissioner for Information and Internal Security, Professor Usman Tar; Permanent Secretary, Government House and Security, Barrister Mustapha Busuguma; Special Adviser on Monitoring, Engr. Baba Bukar Gujbawu; and Special Adviser on Media, Dauda Iliya.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here